Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cloudy, with a Chance of Difficulty

Take a look outside. Now actually step outside and feel the air. What month does it feel like to you? We can quibble about exactly what month, but I think everyone can agree that it doesn't feel like FEBRUARY! No snow, low fifties.....Sounds more like late March to me. Don't get me wrong, I love this weather, but this means no snow days, no sledding, no ice skating, etc. Wouldn't it be better to have this weather in March so that it doesn't end up snowing then? I hate it when it snows in March. I'm all ready for spring and little bunnies, but nooooo March has to be contrary and SNOW!

Moving on...

I am a straight A student. I normally do well on tests and things like that. If teachers want to give kids the chance to fix their test and get partial credit back, I'm cool with that. When the teacher wants to give the kid ALL the credit back, that's where I hold up my imaginary STOP sign. 


 Tests are supposed to be hard! Not everyone should do well! If you get something wrong, you got it WRONG. In the real world (e.g. NOT my school) you don't get to fix something for full credit. But in Buttonwillow*, EVERYONE should be perfect. (This has been and will be a recurring theme.) No one recognizes actual smartness when they see it. *sigh* Everyone has an inflated opinion of themselves. I realize that this doesn't have anything to do with me directly, but it is really annoying to have to live with it on a daily basis, especially if you can SEE it happening and know that those people will flounder when they graduate. But for know, they are all in their little bubble. I ache to pop it.








*names have been changed to protect me from getting tarred and feathered by angry townspeople (you never know what might happen in Buttonwillow).

No comments:

Post a Comment